Sunday, March 13, 2022

Its that time of year again.


 I try to keep track of  the last time I cleaned my desktop PC. I would imagine most of us out there depend on PCs for most of our tasks as well as entertainment. For me, it's very important once a year to remove my desktop PC from service and give it a good cleaning and once over. In the past, I have found loose connections, inoperative cooling fans and poorly seated cards. It's very surprising the amount of dust that can build up on components. Not always do I find a surprise when I open up the sides of the PC tower but it's better to find something at an early stage as opposed to waiting for a failure. As we all know these failures happen at the most inappropriate times. This time around nothing that needed attention was noticed and I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of dust inside.....but this is all part of the yearly look-over of the PC. At my station the PC is part of my operations as I use it for logging, contesting and for integrating my radio with the PC. On top of that not to mention blog posts, reading blogs and YouTube.

2 comments:

MadDogMcQ said...

The last time I opened up my gaming pc it looked like a wool-mill LOL

73, Tom, M7MCQ.

VE9KK said...

Good morning Tom, yes I have been there as well. Now when I get some spare time and know it has been at least a year since the last time I opened up the PC and have a look.
73,
Have a great upcoming week.
Mike
VE9KK