Monday, April 18, 2016

It's time cooler heads prevail!

The fans
Not wanting to have another Windows blue screen issue due to overheating I purchased two cooling fans for the PC tower. As mentioned in my previous post I did download HWMonitor that keeps track of the temperatures of my Hard drives, video card and CPU. Before the fans arrived I wanted to run the PC and monitor a baseline set of temperatures so I could see how the addition of the fans helped out to lower the PC temperatures. Before installing the fans I took some time to cut out the rear back board on the roll top desk
Snoopy checking on progress
so the hot air was able to escape. Before the fans were installed  my CPU temp ranged from 40C-45C, the video card was 55C-60C. After installing the fans I was pleased with the results. CPU temp was 28C-35C, video card temp's 38C-42C As mentioned I purchased two fans, I put an intake fan on the side panel and an exhaust fan on the rear panel. Ideally a front panel fan would be great but for some reason this tower does not have a front fan option. With adding the fans and opening up the roll top desk back panel the temp's significantly dropped. The high end temp's after the fans were installed was a result of the following programs running Win4k3suite, MRP40, N1MM, Google and also the power supply (which is in the same compartment as the PC). Next thing on the agenda is to organize a system backup for the hard drives because as we know Murphy is always just around the corner waiting for just that moment! At this point I am looking at software and option were to backup too.
Mood fans....:))

No comments: