1. Relax and have fun contacting hams all over the world.
2. Run most if not all the contest QRPp at 500mW's.
3. As I finish a contact check out the ham on QRZ.COM and learn about them and their station as I cruz for another contact.
4. Beat my miles per watt record of 8325 miles per watt.
5. Try to beat the 300 contact wall.........never stood a chance as I was doing to much of goal number 1 and 3!!!
So how did things go???I got a late start on Saturday around 10:30 a.m local time, yes the contest did start on Friday but that was dinner and a movie at home with Julie. I was very impressed how open the bands were like 10m and 15m's those two bands were my staple bands for the whole contest. Below is a highlight of the top contacts for the weekend all with 500mW's.
contact Miles Miles per watt (.5 watts) Kilo's
1. ZS4TX 8368 16737.20 26935.91
2. EM2T 4742 9484 15263.91
3. 4O3RR 4695.2 9390.32 15112.26
4. IR8C 4568 9137.34 14705.12
5. HG1S 4415 8831.18 14212.41
6. 9A1P 4360.22 8721.85 14036.46
7. S50K 4358.0 8717.05 14028.74
8. IR8C 4290.22 8580.43 13808.86
|Keeping track of mileage|
Over all I made 106 contacts out of that 84 contacts were made with 500mW's 21 with 5 watts and one contact on 40 meters with 50 watts. It seems that on 40m I just was not cutting it and to make a contact I had to raise the power to 50 watts. So that was the last contact on 40 meters. As for beating records I was thrilled to contact ZS4TX which got me 16737.20 miles per watt!!!!! Not only that in this contest I was able to make 30 contacts that topped my 8325 watt per mile record. Now running 500mW's did bring my QSO count down as there was lots of repeats I had to do. I just want to thank the op's out there who stuck with me and asked over and over again for my call instead of just moving on.
Earlier I did say that I was never going to win a contest but in closing I have said this before in the blog..............there should be a QRPp category. There is QRP but running 5 watts is different from pumping out Milli-watts. Well change does take time and maybe in time there will be a spot just for QRPp.
The contest ended for VE3WDM as follows
Number of QSO's Multipliers Total points106 77 23,408