Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger burp...........

Well for those of you like me who use blogger it may have been a very frustrating 24 hours or more. Blogger experienced a "burp". I found out about it when I tried to log on this morning from Starbucks and was shown a page that basically told me that it was down. A few weeks ago Blogger changed the format to a new one, now I just got used to the old one and was swinging right along. Then a new release and the learning curve happened, before this major crash I had experienced draft posts vanishing for now reason...along with my post!!!! I would log on and be transported to a page that I had never seen before (or never see again) and had to re-log into blogger once again.  Hey Blogger tech...........the not so old setup worked just great I never had an issue until the "new and improved" unrolling came about. Here is what blogspot blogger's are being told from Google....

We have rolled back the maintenance release from last night and as a result, posts and comments from all users made after 7:37 am PDT on May 11, 2011 have been removed. Again, we apologize that this happened and our engineers are working hard to return Blogger to normal and restore your posts and comments.

Now I have only been with blogger for under a year and have been very pleased with their services. Lets also not forget it's FREE as well. It just seems that  the new and improved blogger was rolled out before it was fully improved. There is Wordpress if I wanted to switch?????
But for the time being I think we will just hug and make up...

Well here goes I going to give the publish button a go and see if we are live with this one!



2 comments:

Casey Bahr said...

I noticed the burp this morning as well, but luckily I hadn't posted recently and didn't lose anything. That would be so frustrating!

VE9KK said...

Good evening Casey, I too did not post anything and nothing was lost. It was just the whole idea that it was supposed to be a new and improved roll out proved to be a need for more improvement.