Saturday, March 24, 2018

A nice Friday afternoon on the radio

It been some time since I posted on the blog but it's the same old same old reason......very busy these days at work. I had Friday off and got on the radio in the afternoon to see what was happening. The band scope showed just few signals on 20m but I tuned up the Mag loop with plans of netting some contacts. I was pleasantly surprised that in just over a leisurely  hour  I contacted Jamaica 6Y5WJ, Italy IQ3MW, IF9A from the island of Favignana EU-54 it's near Trapani Sicily Italy and Slovenia S52F and S51DX. A great afternoon on CW and low power to boot.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life has a way of sneaking up on us at times and keeping us from doing what we really enjoy doing, like ham radio and blogging! :)

Speaking of blogging, I started blogging again myself. The address is http://kq9rp.blogspot.com ...after a year of posting about things I thought others wanted to read about I decided to start over again and blog about what I enjoy doing, operating outdoors... CW of course! Keep up the great work on the blog!

VE9KK said...

Nice to see your back Mike I will add you to the blog roll.
Mike