Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Elecraft K2 out of production......say it's not so!

I was just reading a post on the Elecraft reflector of an amateur and that he contacted Elecraft to get some spare parts for his K1 and K2. As we all know the K1 is out of production but  he was informed the K2 is now out of production!! Say it's not sooooo but then again with parts availability and the market I knew once I heard about the Elecraft KX1 and the K1 had gone the way of the doh doh bird it would not be long before the K2 would follow. I have built 2 of these amazing radios and if the truth is the truth then it is a radio that will be missed.
                                                             UPDATE:
CORRECTION......ACCORDING TO ELECRAFT AND A POST FROM ONE OF THE OWNERS (ERIC) THE K2 IS ALIVE AND WELL AND STILL IN PRODUCTION.......YAHHHH. 

2 comments:

DH said...

Definitely not out of production, as I'm working on K2 s/n 7788 right now. Just started on the Front Panel Board. Taking a break as I know that once I finish this board, I'm going to be looking at winding toroids.

Found an article you wrote on winding, so came here to read more>

Cheers,

Neil, KN3ILZ

VE9KK said...

Good morning Neil, you are going to have a blast with your build as I have worked on 2 of the K2 kits. It’s a great learning adventure and the help Elecraft offers is second to none!
Cheers
73
Mike