Saturday, October 8, 2011

T32C DXpedition....

After reading  some blogs how QRP power has made it out to T32C I was game to give it a go myself. Well I went to T32C's website which by the way is fantastic. It is full of information regarding the DXpedition as well as live up to date spotting information. I checked the frequency's  the website said they would be on and it was only late last night I could just hear them over the noise level on 40m. That was a close as I got to a signal from the team. I tried today and nothing and will give it a go this evening as well. I am hopeful that I will be able to pull off a contact but at this point it is very hard to do so if I am unable to hear them at my QTH. I also went to the VOACAP website and punched in my info.....and well the results for me making a contact with my power, (QRP) location and antenna (attic dipole) gives me a slim to none chance!!!

5 comments:

Larry W2LJ said...

Mike,

As far as T32C goes, you and I are comparatively close. Keep checking 17 Meters late afternoon to early evening. And I got them on 10 Meters today at approx. 2000 UTC. They're there until the 26th so you have plenty of time. Don't give up!

Larry W2LJ

VE9KK said...

Good afternoon Larry and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I will do that Larry it seems that my dipole and that area are not really lined up all that well. Today we have the Turkey dinner gig going on so it will be on the holiday Monday or next weekend. Thanks again for the tip!

Anonymous said...

They must have a fantastic receiving location, and ears to go with it. I've worked all but 7 slots, phone and cw, from 160 thru 10 meters with 20 watts and a 135 ft inverted L. I need 160;75/40/20 phone and 160;30 & 12 meters CW, left to go. They really punch through on 17/15/12 & 10m.
Keep trying, you'll make it.
3's
kxbill

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bill, this coming weekend I am going to give them a go again and see how it works out. Thanks for the encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Mike, like Larry, I'd think your best chances of contacting them would be on the higher bands. A good opening and I think you'd be in with a decent chance.

I don't have much of a setup, but my location in the San Francisco Bay Are, just a few miles from the Pacific Ocean has helped me a lot.

Keep at it and don't give up - you still have a week!

Dave
AA7EE