Saturday, October 12, 2019

Sidelined by headphones.

Our new hobby room
This weekend in Canada is a long weekend as we celebrate Thanksgiving. Today Julie and I agreed to take a break from getting our new place looking how we like it and have a hobby day. For me, it's amateur radio and for Julie it's quilting. This past week I finished off our hobby room, Julie and I hobby in the same room. In the picture, you can see Julie's sewing machine table and opposite to that is her cutting table and my hobby is on the roll-top desk. The walls at this point are still naked as I want to wait for about a week for the paint to be fully dry before we hang any wall items.
The wire and broken support issue
The window in about 4 weeks is going to be changed out with a new window that is almost twice the size of what is in the picture. That should really brighten up the space. My plan for my hobby day was to make sure my radio and PC software were still getting along after putting my station back together and then I wanted to just go over the radio manual and re-familiarize myself with the radio. I turned on the Icom fitted on the headphones (Julie does not consider CW to be music to her ears) and low and behold only the right side of the headphones was working! We this sidelined the plan for the morning. The headphones are AGK K240 studio headphones and I have had them for about 5 years and they are just great. Upon removing the headphone cover plate (non-technical term) I two unfortunate things. The first was two wires that were torn off their termination and the other issue was a broken support which was the reason the wires were torn off. Since these are the best headphones I have had in a long time I was determined to repair them. With the combination of a glue gun and soldering iron, the job was completed and the K240 headphones are back in service.
Glue gun nicely repaired the support issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment