|Still in the bag|
For those of you where like me and have not as of yet jumped into the digital magazine world I will say it's a very interactive way of reading. CQ uses a program called Zinio to view their magazine and QST uses Pagesuite It may just be me but I find Pagesuite easier to use, nice graphics and well laid out and I hope one day CQ will start to use them as well as Zinio.
Some of the advantages I find with having a digital copy are:
- Ability to view videos (QST often has product reviews and a video to along with it)
- Web links that can take you to more content.
- Ability to enlarge the print which is good for me.
Some of the disadvantages:
- You can't just roll up the tablet or PC under your arm and take it with you.
- To download a new addition the internet is needed.
- To take full advantage of the digital copy again the internet is needed.
For me I find the Apple iPad pro does an amazing job as I am sure any other tablet would but I am an Apple fan. As for carrying around my iPad I use the Otterbox product to protect it. The way I look at it if you are going to spend good money on a tablet or phone at least spend 1/4 of the price on something that is going to keep it safe.