Sunday, March 6, 2016

Can this be done??

I have been using a PC program called Morse runner and going to the LCWO website to increase my contest cw receiving speed and keyboard skill. I wanted to take it up a notch to what I consider a must have contest skill. The skill I am referring to is the ability to exchange contest info with my Iambic key ( Begali Contour) and not only the keyboard. Both Morse Runner and the tools from the LCWO site have been a great help with improving my keyboard and receiving speed and moving it forward. What I'm looking for and asking my blog readers input on is......a PC program similar to Morse Runner were I can use my key to interact with the program. Morse Runner sends you a call, you enter the call in the program (it checks you have enter proper call) then a contest report comes your way you enter it and the program sends your report. If all the info checks out as correct you are able to move on the the next contact. Does anyone know of a PC program out there were I can use my key and not keyboard to brush up on my key proficiency within a contest environment.

Oh and by the way of a radio report..... I was on the rig yesterday not much going on the CW portion of 20m and 30m during the early part of the afternoon. I ventured back around 22:00 UTC and 20m was sending some DX my way. Some of the stations heard but I was unable to contact were LZ300MSP (that call is a key full), T77CS, EA3AIZ from Spain struggled to hear my QRP signal but there was just to much QSB at his end. All was not lost DL3DXX heard me in Germany and gave me a 559 report.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Not sure if this will meet your needs.... something almost in your 'back yard' (that is, your back "Begali" yard).... http://www.i2rtf.com/html/cw_trainer.html

73, Jim, K3JRU

VE9KK said...

Top of the evening Jim and thanks for stopping by and commenting, to be honest that was the first place I went looking and I did see what you mentioned BUT the cost of the of the CW machine is just to much to justify for what I needed it for. Having said that my birthday is coming up.........
73,
Mike

Unknown said...

Iambic Master

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZetGsKl9sg

VE9KK said...

FANTASTIC!!!!! Mike thanks for the link and I was so excited I went there this morning and downloaded it and gave it a fast try.
Thanks very much again
73, Mike

Unknown said...

I downloaded Iambic Master on my win 7 pc, rig is k, interface is a microHam dk II with built in k1el keyer- which works fine with programs like win4k3. But when I send using my paddles, no echo text is showing up in iambic master?? anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
Paul
kc2nyu

Unknown said...

I tried it, on win7 PC, k3 rig, microHAM DK II interface which has K1EL Keyer built in. I can't get Echo feature in Iambic Master to work Anyone have any ideas on fix?

VE9KK said...

Good evening Paul, sorry for not getting back to you sooner but I just noticed your comments were in my moderation folder for some reason. I have the Winkeyer USB and all I had to do was pair up the USB port to the Iambic master program. How is your microHAM connected to your PC....USB or Serial? When I started the Iambic Master program it wanted to know what port my Winkeyer was using. Once that was matched all was good. Also my antivirus program was blocking my program and it caused the program to start but act very odd. I had to add an exemption to my antivirus program for Iambic Master then all worked well.
Keep me posted.
Mike