Thursday, October 1, 2015

On to the next step. 
Setting up internal jumpers
Getting my digital operating off the ground has been off and on the last month as we have had relatives visiting from the UK so we have been out and about with them. The latest is I have been able to download and install WSJT-X's software. There is an online install guide that is just great and I followed it slowly step by step. In the past I have found when the digi modes have tripped me up it's been my own fault in most cases. I rush the process and something along the line is overlooked and problems arise that cost me time and frustration. The WSJT-X software is up and running and I have been able to get my Elecraft K3 to communicate with the software. This has always been a challenge in the past to get the proper settings so rig and software get along. Next is to get the Signalink USB own sound card to be the stand alone card for my digital operations. The PC's sound card can look after all windows 7 tasks. The Signalink USB is a very nice unit and in the past I did have one and sold it....story of my ham career! On their site they have some very detailed easy to follow setup instructions for most if not Windows OS's and most but not all digital software. Well it's off to the next step in my digital adventure.

5 comments:

Dick said...

Hi Mike and good luck with your digital operations. Beginning to feel that digi might be the best mode for QRP and limited space antennas. Even my very low, half tree-branch hidden PAR. I've been running more QRO lately out of frustration. Still cw only. 73 Dick

VE9KK said...

Good morning Dick and great to hear from you, over the past month I have not been on much at all. Relatives visiting so the antenna had to come down from the balcony. I hope this coming weekend it will go back up again and I will start to actually put out a digi signal. I am still very much into CW and for me it seems if the cycle is bad it will only be State side contacts for me, but this still keeps the CW skill up for sure.
Have a great weekend Dick
Mike
73

SV1GRN said...

Hi Mike, I am also using Signalink and works very good for years. I see now there are ready jumper modules. I wonder if they have upgraded the internal sound card. Good luck on digimodes 73 de SV1GRN

VE9KK said...

I saw the ready made modules and I believe they don't update the sound card but just allow you to plug and play between rigs without having to rewire jumpers.You just have to unplug on module and plug in the other and the wire changes for that rig are done.
Mike
73

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello Mike, more than 10 years ago I have used PSK31 with 1 watt or less. It's very nice with low power. But after a while I when back CW only. Good luck. 73, Bert.