Monday, March 2, 2015

You can save some cash by double checking.

Over the past few weeks I had put some extra dust gathering ham gear up for sale. The sale was a successes and I ended up making 400.00 ham bucks. My main purpose for selling off some gear was to gather the funds for the new Elecraft K3 synthesizer (KSYNA3A as it's called) Without going into detail…..it's a very nice upgrade to the already great K3. While at the Elecraft site I was looking at what else the my K3 could do with in regards to upgrades. I came across the high stability ref oscillator  called the KTCXO3-1, it would be a great addition since I am now getting more into the digi modes and the less frequency drift the better. It's a 100.00 dollar upgrade and I wanted to do some more research on the topic before dishing out the cash! I ventured over to Google and typed it in, low and behold one of the sites that came up was VE3WDM blog!! Hmmm did I post about this at some time?? Off I went to my site and to my shock I found out I ordered the KTCXO3-1 when I ordered my new K3. It sure was good I looked into this before placing my order but having said that Elecraft is a great company and after explaining my realization I have had no problem sending it back. I'm getting older so the memory is getting shorter.

4 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi Mike, it's always good to check things twice when we reach a certain age.;-) 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hi Mike, you were lucky to google it first. I would have like to see your face when you had opened your radio and then discovered you already had a TCXO installed. Good luck with the synthesizer. 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Good afternoon Paul, yes it was great that I double check it saved me some frustration for sure.
Mike

VE9KK said...

Hello Bas very nice to hear from you, it would had not been the first (and the last time) I have been surprised this way.
Mike