Sunday, October 19, 2014

Nice to get back in the radio chair agian.

Nice to get back on the air again
Just this morning I was looking over my last blog post and could not believe it was posted 3 weeks ago! I will say that things here at VE3WDM have been busy and it has not been with radio time. We had our Thanksgiving holiday last weekend and that weekend was packed with family things, shopping and making a turkey dinner. This year for the first time I tried cooking the turkey on the BBQ using the rotisserie, seems it turns out much better when the bird is done old style in the oven........live and learn. The other sliver of my time was taken up with work and once you factor in sleeping and eating not much time was left for radio. Last evening I pulled a 12 hour evening shift at work and arrived home this morning not feeling to bad so Julie and went out for a nice breakfast and then home to some well deserved radio time. The rig was tuned to 17m and I heard GI4DOH calling
GI4DOH
loud and clear  from Northern Ireland. I gave him some calls but was not heard but I did hang in there and finally my 5 watts made it to him. It was nice to get back on the radio as I find this to be a very relaxing time. I then jumped off 17m and over to 20m but there was a huge contest presence there (not that there is anything wrong with that I am a huge contest fan) so it was back up to 17m again. It seemed that for this afternoon Richard was going to be my only contact but it sure was nice to get back on the air again!

2 comments:

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello Mike, it's great to be back at the air after a while.
I am not so far at this time. After helping out at my daughter's. The XYL says, now it's time in and around our house.
Good luck in QRPp. 73, Bert

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bert, very nice to hear from you and yes it's time to get things done around the house when the XYL is bring it up. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and over this way it's the same not much radio time either.
Mike