|Lots of Solar action|
Some lessons learned
- When running N1MM logging program, N4PY rig control software and the Flex Radio Flexcontrol vfo knob all together through LP-Bridge some very very strange things can happen. This resulted in some lost contacts and down time due to software issues.Going to have to get these programs to shake hands and get along.
- Funny thing.....I have been practicing my contest CW code with Morse runner and using my laptop. Well it would seem that my fingers became very familar with the smaller keyboard on the laptop. When I contested on my home PC and regular sized keyboard I was making mistake after mistake while keyboarding calls and exchanges. I do have a smaller keyboard for the desktop PC and started to use it towards the end. Going to have to stick to the same keyboard as it seems size does matter.
Some of the joys of the contest
- It seemed to me that most of the contesters CW speed was in around 25-30 wpm and I did find that very comfortable.
- At least the bummer conditions were world wide and leaves us all in the same playing field more or less.
- I contacted OQ5M in the contest and soon after he commented on my blog of how good my signal was. This fast interaction is kinda cool.
- My contact with Australia, Cuba and Hawaii.
- The politeness of the op's whom I had to give several repeats too, those who still could not make out my call just said "bad QRM and hope to contact later 73"