Thursday, January 10, 2013

The 2012 log book..........

In 2012 according to my log all my contacts were CW and QRP or QRPp type contacts. This is the 3rd year that I have made just CW contacts. The reason being SSB in the past would bother my neighbours and since this is a stealth operation SSB is OUT. As for the digital modes I just have a very low frustration factor not a good combination for setting up digital modes. Maybe 2013 will have me mellow a bit to try the digital modes again.

Club log showing my move from SSB/Data to 100% CW

2012100500 CW: 100.00%
Phone: 0.00%
Data: 0.00%


201149258 CW: 100.00%
Phone: 0.00%
Data: 0.00%


201025170 CW: 100.00%
Phone: 0.00%
Data: 0.00%


200910192 CW: 19.27%
Phone: 0.00%
Data: 80.73%


200845495 CW: 36.57%
Phone: 0.00%
Data: 63.43%


Club log was great in helping me get a snap shot of my log for 2012. According to Club log I was able to hit 125 QRP DXCC contacts for the year! Unfortunately I was not able to qualify for the ARRL DXCC Jubilee award as they were not counting all the DXCC entities. I was able to accumulate 83 DXCC's toward that award but this award only ran for the year of 2012 so I came up short.
My contacts for the year were 500, I thought it was a lot more but there were times I would forget to log contacts. BUT I almost doubled my contact total from the year before of 258. Seems I have to get away from the soldering iron and on the rig more!!
I was able to make it into 23 CQ zones
Some of my highlight contacts were Gibraltar, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Jordan and ST. Pierre & Miquelo.
Finally I was able to better my 1,000 miles per watt distance to 45,869 miles per watt with a QRPp contact to HA8JV with 100mWs of power.

4 comments:

Jspiker said...

Hello Mike,

Fantastic numbers! CW usually means much longer distance, much less power. My preference always!

I worked a Hungarian station (HA8RM) recently. I was calling on the 30 meter QRP freq and would have thought he was here in the same town. Some of those guys REALLY have good ears. hihi

45,869 miles per watt is fantastic!

VE9KK said...

Oh I agree and I find that during contests is the best time...what other time is there when the DX is listening and wanting to hear from you!!
Mike

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hi Mike, always nice to see what a fellow ham radio enthousiast is doing. I think you did a great job despite you forgot to log some contacts. I downloaded the Diamond DXCC award list and tried to accomplish it as well, but was not able to complete it. I didn't do my best for it either actually. Just to many things you can do with this hobby. 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Bas I found the DXCC easy at the start of the year as all countries were almost DXCC's for the Diamond award. Then as time went on it as with everyone else it sure does get harder. With the ARRL diamond award only looking for certain DXCC's it's even more difficult. Now having said the following I did have a blast getting the contacts in the log and doing it QRP to boot.
Mike