Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Elecraft K3 filters...AGAIN!!!

All done... an event worth celebrating
In my last post after installing the general coverage receiver in my K3 and all was
Before the change
After the change

put back together I realized I had not put the filters in descending order. For some reason I started with the 2.7khz and then the 6.0khz. So it was now time to disassemble the K3 AGAIN to switch the order of 2 filters. While the rig was apart I also wanted to open up the sub-receiver....what the heck eh. It has it's own set of filters which had to match the main receiver's order of filters.
The sub-receiver apart filters switched
sub-receiver back together now to change labeling
All of the sub-receivers filters had to be moved down one slot. The "event"  went a bit more smoothly this time it was like I had just taken it apart.....wait....I just did!! All is back together now and working great.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mike, great job. Good luck, 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you got it all straightened out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey it's a long weekend this weekend and I plan on doing some radio enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete