Thursday, November 25, 2010

CQWW CW is a no go for this year.......

Well was very much looking forward to CQWW CW contest this weekend but due to my degenerative disk acting up in my neck it's off.  Was doing doing some work around the house 3 weeks ago and the next day lots of pain and a very numb right arm. It has gotten a bit better but playing with the rig and computer just aggravates it. Oh well maybe I can get some short stint's here and there in but all is not lost I am still able to set up the K3 for some WSPR work and compare some antennas as I can take breaks from that.

3 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Hi Mike, sorry to hear about your physical disability caused by pain. I know what you are talking about. I have arthritis of the shoulder joints and my hands joints. CW with a straight key causes pain. Sometimes I do CW with a keyboard to avoid pain. Take care, 73 Paul

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hi Mike, it's a pity you can't participate in the most populair contest of the year. I hope you will recover very fast and join us next year. I recommend WSPR, it's a lot of fun despite of the non QSO factor. 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Thanks Paul and Bas for your well wishes.